Monday, August 22, 2011

The Story of Us Part II

After the duct tape, pianos, & apartments…

The Groovitational Pull: Scott played to my can’t-say-no flaw, and asked me if I’d be in his band for the ward talent show. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do this either, but he cornered me into committing. We played “Major Tom,” (not the one by David Bowie, the one by Peter Schilling), and our band was called The Groovitational Pull (name selected by Scott). This gig involved tin foil hats, lots of double-stops on my violin, and a beep-boxer. Needless to say, we were a hit and it was really fun.

The Dark Days: After our gig, Scott went to Guam and I was otherwise occupied with finals and such, so we didn’t see each other for a while. School got out, I moved home, and that was that. This was sort of a weird time frame for me at least.

First Official Date: On June 12, 2010, we went on our first date (check out the picture below…we look sooo happy. Haha). I guess I finally passed the get-to-know-you screening process Scott has for his potential dates! We went to Timpanogos Cave. Scott had no idea that I was a Timp Cave veteran (I’m an AF Caveman for goodness sake), and that Tony Horton had recently whipped me into shape. So, I don’t know that the date went as well as he planned as I ran up the mountain, while his knees felt like jelly. (For the record, I didn’t mean to go so fast.) Anyway, the date was a lot of fun; and up until the doorstep scene, I thought we had hit it off pretty well. As we stood there awkwardly I panicked and made some stupid comment about the “No Soliciting” sign on my front door. Scott will not let me forget about that. Ever.

After That: We became pretty inseparable after the cave adventure and our next few dates, going out a lot that summer. I was still confused about where things were headed until we had a good old-fashioned DTR, and then we were official. School came, and we had dated for almost a year when Scott proposed the following March. We were then married three LONG months later. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what DTR stands for. But go Cavemen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, Michael, Michael. Kevin could tell you what a DTR is, but since I'm guessing you're not on speaking terms, I will tell you. It is a "Define the Relationship."

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!