Monday, January 2, 2012

Firemen, kittens, and princesses

I've got a new sunbeam class now, which includes 7 little tykes who all come every week.  I know this is a good thing, hypothetically, but righteousness aside, that means I have to manage all 7 every week.  Yikes. 

Oddly enough, this class appears to be better than my old group.  (Or mainly just better than one particular individual in the old group.)  So, I am optimistic that I won't end up in tears after church each week.  Not that that's ever happened before...*ahem.* 

Here are the best conversations from our class yesterday:

Me: "Who knows what they want to be when they grow up?"
Rhyor: "A racecar driver."
Hannah: "A little kitten."
Olivia: "A fireman!"
Elizabeth: "A princess."
Olivia: "Elizabeth, if your castle was on fire, I would be the fireman."

Me: "Ryhor, do you like cowboys?"
Rhyor: "I like anything with a weapon."
...Ooookay.

Also, in addition to these great conversations, the kids had some time to play and do other hilarious things at the end of class.  They decided to play house and live in the toy cupboard, and of course, when the parents arrived, they had barricaded themselves inside.

It's going to be a good year.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!