Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Used Couches Come with Risks


Remember how we’ve been fixing up our house?  Well, truth be told, we haven’t done a whole lot since last summer, but I haven’t documented much of it.  So, check out the living room transformation!

Hopefully you can tell the difference between the "befores" and "afters."

KSL couches served their purpose: We didn't have to sit on the floor...

I think we decided the couches HAD to go when we found a negative (you know, the film stuff) in the cushion with what may have been a partially naked person on it.  We didn't even look twice to find out for sure what that was. ...Help.

My favorite comparison photo.  It can only get better from a bare wall, right?

Muuuuch better.

You may recognize the mirror from blog entry no. 1.

The best part of the whole room is the piano.  According to me.  And I really love that "Family" frame thing.  I'll just call this the best "view" of the room.  Haha.
Thanks to all of you who gave us wedding gifts and made this makeover happen.  I could pretty much identify every piece of furniture or decor in these photos and source them back to a generous donor. (Brent, Czechoslovakian crystal vase; Annette, awesome clock, Mom & Dad, the piano; the list goes on...)  We appreciate you. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty legit. That looks like Home Depot before and after pictures. And that's high praise.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!