My Side of the Weekend:
I recently found out what the term "my other half" means. How on earth did I function as a human being before I got married?
Ok to clarify, Scott went on a camp-out on Friday with the scouts, which left me on my own for the first time since we've been married. It wasn't pretty. As soon as I got home from my parent's house I was not sure what to do. Do I go to sleep at 8:00? Do I start crying? Do I clean everything in sight? Luckily, I didn't do any of those things, and I made it through the night.
In the morning, I put in some internship hours, read about business laws, cleaned everything in sight, baked snickerdoodles, and then proceeded to wait. Unfortunately there was an event at the Jr. High across the street, so I heard a lot of car doors and spent a lot of time running to the window. Eventually he arrived (several hours later than anticipated), and life could go on.
Scott's Side of the Weekend:
Two hours behind schedule, the Scouts finally left for the West Desert. It was dark and cold when they arrived, so they pitched tents, built a fire, and ate dinner. Scott missed a planning meeting, so while everyone ate their tin foil dinners, he ate his Subway sandwich. Haha.
That night, he slept on a giant rock in 20 degree weather. He had to share his tent with another scout leader who didn't really think his camping experience through. Scott beat several levels of Angry Birds in the night, which should tell you how much sleep he got (he couldn't beat any levels before this camp-out). In the morning, the boys went exploring and Scott wished he had his GMAT book. After sitting around for a long time, they came home.
I'm starting to think my night wasn't really that bad...



No comments:
Post a Comment