Thursday, February 2, 2012

The World Needs More Hugging Monkeys


A few nights ago we were flipping through channels and came across a news report on the necessity of chimpanzee sanctuaries for test-victims.  Basically, there are a lot of chimpanzees who are part of scientific tests and aren’t allowed outside.  Now the monkey activists petition to build “sanctuaries” for them to live in.  I was highly entertained by this news story.  I realize the intent was probably not to entertain, but the footage was awesome. 

Here’s why:
1. One of the test monkeys has been carrying around a sponge-bob stuffed animal for the past three years.  I was laughing so hard when I saw that. 
      2. The chimps like picture books, and they turn the pages and just stare at the pictures.  It’s true.  I saw it. 
          3. They let a few test-monkeys into a sanctuary, and they were really tentative about that.  Then, they got really excited and started hugging.  This one really did tug on my entertained heart strings.  The world needs more hugging monkeys.

I realize this is a really juvenile post; but if you had seen it, you’d be entertained too (and feel the need to tell everyone about it as I am doing right now).  I will not consent to getting a pet dog, but a chimpanzee?  Maybe.


1 comment:

  1. Those poor monkeys... I say BYU should build sanctuaries for students to go to after finals week and other similar events. Sanctuaries with picture books.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!