Sunday, September 18, 2011

Holy War

After an embarrassing BYU football loss, I was afraid to get on Facebook.  Mainly because people are jerks when it comes to football, and I didn't want to read about it.  But guess what?  I made a genius move last year and hid all of the outspoken Utes on my home feed.  I feel smart.  And kind of stupid.  Stupid because I forgot about it, smart because Facebook was a safe mourning zone.  (No, I did not block every Ute. Just the ones that would rile me up.)

Anyway, Scott & I did watch the game together and I made it fun with homemade pizza and breadsticks.  And rootbeer floats.  I know how to make the best of a bad situation. :)  Here are my favorite parts of the game:

(1)  I saw Jimmer cheering on the sidelines and told Scott, "Look there's Jimmer!"  Scott immediately started shouting "Go Jimmer!!!!"  You've got to cheer for someone good in games like that.  Also, we saw a cardboard cutout of Jimmer in the stands.  Yes.

(2) I sometimes have a hard time following where the ball goes when we watch the games.  So if there's a trick play, I will fall for it--guaranteed.  After a fumble, Scott said, "Did you see THAT?"  I had to respond, "No, I was looking at the wrong guy."  We laughed a lot about that.

So the football game was sort of fun at times.  We did, however, stop watching during the 3rd quarter, because it was getting bad and I was falling asleep.  A wise choice on our behalf.

Side Note: Several sunbeam parents have told me that I'm the only teacher that their kid will go to.  So, essentially that means that I get a huge class every week because everyone comes.  This is a blessing, but also a curse.  Large classes are hard to control.  Especially when the lesson suggests that you have the kids act like animals and guess what animals they are.  Mass chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!