Monday, September 12, 2011

Blue Pancakes & 9-11

The weekends go way too fast.  We had a good one though.  And a good week as well.  This may be more of a travel-log post, but keep reading through the end and you will be entertained.

Over the past week, I was very busy with school.  It seems like I have a lot of meetings, and I send a lot of emails these days, but that’s what business is all about right?  My club had a lot going on this week, which involved me dressing up every day and sitting at a booth trying to recruit more members.  It’s always fun to force people to take your fliers.  So, that was pretty great.  (Oh, and a huge thank you to those who came and visited me--it made the booth-sitting way better.)

Scott had a big bid due, so his days were very busy this week as well.  He also just got a new calling, which is not official, so I cannot inform the world yet.  It is not as fun as mine, but I think he will like it. 

Our weekend was the best ever, despite the fact that I probably say that every weekend.  On Friday, we went out to Texas Roadhouse.  I get a little obsessive about this place because they have the best rolls in the world, and it’s easy to get caught up in that.  I won’t even tell you how many baskets they brought us.  It was a good night out.  Back at home, we tried to watch Just Like Heaven, but we both fell asleep almost instantly.  It is not the most riveting movie.  And it was probably like 10:05, which is past our bedtime.



Saturday was filled with football watching, eating blue pancakes, trying to win guitars, going to the temple, trying to do homework, brandishing the crockpot, and dancing in the kitchen.  (I think it’s high time we invest in some blinds in the dining room…)

I should elaborate on the guitar-winning: I got some tickets from Best in Music the other day and found out they were giving away ten guitars (during the football game).  Scott and I were convinced that we would be 2 of 4 people there and therefore win a few guitars each.  As it turns out, there were a lot of people there, and we didn’t want to wait for them to give away all the prizes.  So, we gave our tickets to some random girl, who probably went on to win all of the guitars.


Sunday included some quality time with my sunbeams (see quotes below), a visit to Grandma’s house, and a memorial production of 9-11 put on by the little cousins including Lego representations of the WTC towers and a reenactment of the attacks.  I’m not sure how I feel about that either, but they meant well.
Not theirs, but someone else had the same idea...

This Week’s Sunbeam Quotes:

Nathan, referring to my veiny/bony feet: “You have snakes in your feet like my dad.”

Me: “Isaac, that’s a great window you’re drawing.” 
Isaac: “Or a great fox.”

Me: “Did you do anything fun this week William?” 
William: “Do you know about Harry Potter?” 
Me: “Yeah, did you watch the movie?” 
William: “No, I just looked at the cover.”

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spelled a word wrong and deleted the comment. But the evidence may still be there. Original with spelling corrections:

    I shouldn't laugh at the lego 9/11 reenactments. But I do. Brilliant...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!