Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Season of Firsts

Now that we’re married, I’ve been trying to some more wife-ish things. (It’s all part of the Domestic Goddess quest my dear friend, Mikayla, and I started on three years ago.) Recently, I have conquered two things: (1) the crockpot, and (2) making a recipe involving yeast.

First of all, cooking meat in a crockpot is the way to go. I guess it does take a really long time to plan out and actually execute a meal that way, but it tastes a lot better than anything else in my current skillset (maybe I just need more skills…haha). Scott and I were thinking that since our crockpot meals taste better than our other meals, we should cook everything in a crockpot. We changed our minds after deciding we probably couldn’t boil our Costco frozen ravioli on low for 8 hours. Well, maybe we could; but I doubt it would enhance the flavor.

Second, for some reason I have steered clear of using yeast in any recipe. So up until this point, if the recipe involved yeast, I would make the recipe without it. Ok, not really—I just wouldn’t make anything with yeast in it. Irrational fear? Yes. (Kind of like the maple syrup strike I went on for about eight years.) Anyway, I made a barbecue chicken pizza from scratch. First time using yeast and the KitchenAid! It was a success.

I think I’m getting better at this cooking thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!