Sunday, July 31, 2011

Aliens & Insomnia

Good news. I figured out how to post larger photos. (And by "figured out," I mean I googled it and made several other bloggers tell me how.) Hooray.

We had a good weekend...mostly. On Friday night, we stayed home and watched a movie. We decided on Minority Report, since I'd never seen it. That...proved to be a bad idea because Check Spellingapparently movies with bald alien things really freak me out. (Yes, I'm aware that there weren't any aliens in that movie...but they looked like aliens! And they were bald.) Also, the very beginning of the movie had a closeup of one of the alien's eyeballs plus an eyeball replacement surgery, and I have a bad history of eyeball movies. So, I didn't really like the movie and Scott had to hold my hand until I went to sleep.

The next day, we headed up to Salt Lake for the day--visited the temple, went to dinner, and wandered around Temple Square. It was very fun and a good way to celebrate the 30th together again. (Oh, and long live Texas Roadhouse!) Unfortunately, that evening Scott had some pain in his ribs that made me nervous; and I ended up having a nightmare that he died in his sleep. So, I became an insomniac and had to check that he was alive and breathing at regular intervals throughout the night. (True love, right there...even if my concerns weren't really merited. He's fine by the way.)


In the end, most of our weekend was excellent with a few less-than-excellent experiences. Now, as long as Scott never loses his hair, acts like an alien, or dies, I think I'll be ok.

[Stay tuned--we are braving the ward camp-out this weekend. This will be my second time camping...ever. I will try my best not to whine.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!