Things that crossed my mind the week/day of family photo day:
*If one of the tops I ordered doesn't work, I will scream. I can't go to stores anymore these days so this was a very tricky set of online purchases. Now I'm the proud owner of 3 shirts nearing the exact same shade of burgundy...and honestly the time commitment of returning the ones I didn't use is far too great so wearing burgundy is my life now.
*It is critical that Ivy sleeps well the night/nights before so my eyes aren't swollen shut. And no, she did not cooperate with this urgency.
*That entire episode of Recess where TJ and the gang all sacrifice their own school pictures so Gus doesn't get dirty for his came to mind (spoiler, only TJ survived). I'm not 100% sure who TJ turned out to be in ours but I don't think it was me.
*Scott's sweater has like 10 apparent moth-eaten holes (is this really a thing?) and we're seeing this ten minutes before leaving????? NO BIG DEAL....
*I waited til the last second to put on Ivy's romper and then I immediately put on her bib and right on cue, she spit up on the bib. As if she is now somehow perceptive, she also spit up right before I took the bib off. It was so awesome. Or as awesome as spitting up can be.
*I think my web traffic paid for all of weather.com's ads because no one was more interested in Alpine, UT's weather than I.
*Whatever happens, Ivy must nap before we go. There is nothing more critical to this operation. And this is why I scheduled photos 45 minutes away from home. I am a wizard.
*Nobody move, my hair is in its prime condition! (Said 2 hours before leaving...and many hours before Ivy's iron fists would try to remove what little hair I have left).
I question my role as a mother all the time, but on days like family photo day, I think being this crazy person helped me to fill my role exactly right.
And now some favorites (although it was hard to choose)! All from my friend Lacey Lii Photography.













No comments:
Post a Comment