Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Nursery

I decided early on in this child-growing sojourn that if there was something I could get really excited about, then I would let myself run wild and hold on to that excitement, because there are plenty of things I am definitely not excited about (like childbirth and anything leading up unto it).  One such exciting thing is designing a nursery.  I'm a sucker for a good house overhaul and this one was probably the most fun one we've ever done. (Hallelujah for reasonable budgets for once.)

Our child will be inhabiting that weird blue room in our house and of course that meant that it could no longer be the weird blue room.

Before...


During:








After:

Next came the even more exciting part and that was throwing my wallet to the wind and buying so many "necessary" things.  The baby's little fake-out gender reveal certainly put that on hold for a while, but once we finally knew the gender I shopped and color-schemed it up.

We bought the furniture and assembled it together which was oddly super enjoyable.  Also I am so relieved we did this months ago and not now.



Here are all the finished details!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!