Scott and I completed our hospital's childbirth class yesterday, and I feel like this was totally one of those things straight out of a TV show. You know, the whole sitting around in a dark room practicing breathing and sitting on pillows thing? This does happen in real life it turns out. Reality got a lot weirder to me just now.
It was a good use of time since neither Scott nor I have been motivated to really want to learn about such things. I would love to say that I'm one of those women who wants to watch Call the Midwife, but heck no. Never ever. So forced birth learning was perfect for us. I think the only thing that almost made Scott sick was the talk of the placenta (which, by the way, no one needs to see...in a class...in real life...in any situation...unless you're the placenta examiner). The rest of the class was good though. I can't say it really put us at ease or anything, but it was informative!
Other things we learned...
*LDS Hospital has some pretty nice stone-work inside which Scott told me he'd point out to me in detail next time we're there...mhmm...
*My birth plan is still to avoid pain and to pray a lot.
*Many details about other class members' bodies and pregnancies that we wish we did not know.
I asked Scott what was most surprising to him, and he said, "I learned I'll probably be more involved in this than I hoped I would be." You and me both, Scott. You and me both.
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
Haha! I'm laughing about Scott's comment at the end. I'm sure you'll both do great!
ReplyDelete