A few weeks ago we watched Inception and I realized having a baby is inception. "Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate." YES. The sucker punches certainly contribute, but this is exactly what has happened--it's hard to think of much else. Just call me Creepy Mal.
I think I do kind of look like this sometimes in my pregnant state...
Just waiting for that train to take me to the hospital...
While we were watching the movie, Scott noticed Leo's watch and had some inception of his own creep in. He hasn't worn a watch since his mission ten years ago, but now suddenly he needs one. Haha. We convinced ourselves it could be a 5th anniversary present and ta-da: new watch (not Leo's, but it's a nice one!).
This may be my last pregnancy post, so I figured I'd wrap it up with some final observations.
- Why haven't we established better predictions surrounding due dates? I don't even care if the birth is soon or not, I just need to know when it is.
- I haven't had a single pregnancy craving but I think it's due to the fact that I'm normally pretty strict about what I eat so allowing myself to have normal treats is indulgent enough that I don't have to take my palette to any other extremes. Maybe that Sonic tater tot I ate the other day was the gateway though, who knows.
- We hit that point in the pregnancy that I feared would come: the time where we wavered in our 5-years-and-running top name choice and now have no set baby name. I went to my brother's high school graduation and heard the names of approximately 500 females, which I thought would be helpful but instead it made me wonder how on earth some of those parents really thought those were the ideal names for their children? If any of you readers feel that way about whatever name we choose, you can just assume we cracked under pressure.
- I'm still exercising 6 days per week and I'm pretty positive this has contributed to my general dislike of pregnancy, but I'm still happy I haven't given in. As a note to my future self who comes back to read this: You made it through that, so you have no valid excuse to not exercise ever.
- Stubbornness reins supreme when it comes to doing whatever the heck you want when you're pregnant I think. If I want to edge the yard at 38 weeks, then I'm going to do it. Try to stop me.
- I think by this point, most women are ready to give birth just to get out of being pregnant any longer, but my fear of childbirth and taking care of a newborn are significantly stronger than my desire for a normal waist. So I guess I'm content to wait it out a few more weeks, which is good since I have no say in the matter.



No comments:
Post a Comment