Monday, February 9, 2015

The Milestone

Remember how last year I talked about how Scott and I were setting resolutions to exercise more? (Or you may even remember the triumphant post about when I did my first pull-up?)  Well, now in 2015 I'm here to celebrate the fact that I finally made it through an entire year of exercising 6 days per week. Just writing that sentence makes me want to take a nap.

*Yawn/Stretch*

Ok, we're back.  So anyway, isn't it great that someone in the world actually achieved their NYR to exercise?  I didn't know it was possible since I've never exercised for an extended period of time in my life.  Here is what I've learned:

1. Eating a brownie is still more fun than exercising.  When I first started exercising I expected something like this to happen:

While exercising has become much more enjoyable, unfortunately brownie eating has remained quite constant in its fun levels, and I don't think these lines will ever actually cross.  I was really looking forward to that moment when 7 o'clock rolls around and I would think, "You know what sounds awesome right now?  A giant glass of milk and a plyometric circuit."  This has never happened.

2. If you're like me and you can talk yourself out of anything, an actual scheduled program is the way to go.  Plus if you're working out with DVDs it's easier to endure an entire hour.  Insanity is my current pain of choice.  "Letsssssgooooooooooooo."  Ok, Shaun T, if you insist on screaming about it.


3. Running is the worst.  Other exercises can not only be a more efficient use of your time, but they are so much more fun (plus TV is the best distraction in the world).

4. Sadly, there is not enough quality TV programming out there to fill one hour per day, 6 days a week.  This means I've resorted to watching some pretty ridiculous stuff.  I hope I don't lose some friends by saying this, but Gilmore Girls is just not working for me.

5. Exercising at the crack of dawn doesn't work.  Exercising at 10 PM also doesn't work.  Exercising in the middle of the day is the new revolution!

6. Unfortunately when you're used to exercising a lot, your only hope of making any headway on the scale is to either work out for 16 hours per day or eat less.  Some days I weigh out both options equally.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed!! And I love the lessons you've learned. I'm still working on consistency.

    I did the dietary change route and lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago. I dropped carbs and starches, and loaded up on healthy fats, meats, veggies, nuts, and seeds. It was awesome. My favorite quote at the time was, "I finally know what it feels like to feel skinny. Hungry. It feels hungry." :) I didn't really feel hungry, but I sure missed my treats!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gilmore Girls is just not working for me."

    ...Chuck. We're not friends.

    lolololool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooo Chuck we can get past this, I know it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!