It's been a while since I've had to fly solo here at the house overnight. So naturally Scott's trip to Mexico City was not pleasant news to my charmed-life-ears. We've been spoiled with the lack of the-s-word* in this household for far too long it seems.
So anyway there I was waking up on the departure date and feeling like this might be the worst day of my life (drama queen alert). I was just not sure how exactly I was supposed to fill these days with things to do. Or how I was supposed to scratch my own back.
I had a few ideas on how to make the time pass. Namely cleaning, grocery shopping, and wasting away on Youtube. Sadly none of these activities take as long as I think they will and then I'm left to stroking Scott's pillow and weeping. You know, just normal things like that.
All this time alone, however, has allowed me to slow down and realize I don't have to get in and out of Winco in 12 minutes. I was at the store running at breakneck speed until I remembered there was nothing for me at home, so then I adopted a new strategy to "browse every item" (sung to the tune of "Climb Every Mountain"). You would not believe the new things I discovered. Like the fact that I could buy a single fruit snack in the bulk section (I'm not talking a single pack, I'm talking a single snack). Would they round up to 1 cent do you think? Or I also learned you can churn your own almond butter over there. I've never even tasted almond butter so I guess this wasn't that exciting.
Another plus of this business trip is Scott took all of our mobile devices to Mexico, so shucks, all that mobile testing I could've done at work just couldn't happen. Maybe he can just leave the devices in Mexico.
*scouting
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment