Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Office(s)

Scott started working from home for about half of his work week, so he's becoming a connoisseur of offices.  He even has a third one at the church now!  (Ok, fine the clerk's office is really like the storage closet, but just let me find this funny.)

Anyway, working from home.  When we found out Scott would be here for a good chunk of the week, we started to have one of those tough marital conversations regarding whether or not we would share an office.

Pros:
  • Hanging out together all day every day
  • Hanging out together all day every day
  • Hanging out together all day every day
Cons:
  • Potentially having to return to using headphones
  • I might bump my legs on his desk because I'm not used to it being there
  • I'm pretty sure I just read a book about how working in common areas is a bad idea
In the end, we decided that Scott probably wouldn't tolerate working in pitch blackness and listening to Into the Woods on repeat, so he'll be upstairs in one of our pre-mortal child's rooms.  Sigh, being responsible is just one of those things.

Office #1: Obviously we're going for that minimalist decor look....  That and apparently no one on earth knows where the desk we ordered is.  Permission to repin this for your home office ideas, granted.

Now that Scott will be acclimating to my norms, I've thought up some nuances that now he will have to deal with too!
A. Everyone asking if we sleep in til noon and work in our pajamas.  Nope, it's 6 AM and we happen to enjoy showering.
B. A weakened immune system that comes from interacting with no one.  I have gotten every sickness known to mankind this winter during the few times I've ventured out.  Never again.
C. I think even my skin is less tough from not braving the elements.  I can get a paper cut from anything.  Paper, cardboard, that FROSTING CAN?  The mass of Amazon packages and wrapping paper this Christmas was quite traumatic.
D. The crazy that can set it after a while.  Soon I may need to suggest that we drive around the neighborhood in the evenings.
E. We keep our house at about 12 degrees during the winter. He will not survive.

1 comment:

  1. I keep trying to think of specific comments to make, but really this just cracked me up and I wanted you to know. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!