Monday, March 19, 2012

March Madness


“I love basketball.  Is this March Madness?” -Kathy
 “Nope, that happens in…March.” -Jim
 
We are really into March Madness.  I've been filling out a bracket since birth, but we're especially involved because my work is giving away some sweet prizes for the bracket winners.  We're talking cash here.  It would be pretty awesome to get a pay check before I even work there, but I'm in 53rd place currently.  It's right about now that I'm regretting the lack of research I did when filling out my bracket. Ha ha.

Anyway, when did it become March?  Here’s what we’ve been up to:
·         Trekking through school and attempting to care about it.
·         Turning in a grad school application (Scott’s, not mine).
·         Weeding the tulips.  All 12 bulbs survived.  I am shocked after last year’s flower endeavor...
Last Year: Actual Photo
This Year: Actual Photo


·         Wrapping up WIB.  It’s weird to see this end for me after 3 years of work, but it’s ending with a bang.  Our last event was basically the equivalent of Women’s Conference in the Tanner Building. :)
·         Maintenance on the cars.  This time, the SAAB’s oil change only took 2 trips to Autozone, my least favorite store in the whole world.  Progress.
·         Winning a prize in a raffle.  Thinking about selling said prize for cash.
·         Making pulled pork, which I will now refer to as Root Beer Stew.  It was nothing like stew, but yeah—you cook it in root beer.  Weird, but good.
·         Teaching the sunbeams about things like plants and animals.  Yesterday’s lesson consisted of the kids telling me “silly jokes” like this: “Why did the cow cross the road?”  “Because he had an orange on his head!”  This resulted in roaring laughter from the kiddos until one stopped and said, “Wait, that’s not funny.”  I expect great things out of that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!