I’ve handed out a lot of fliers in my day. Last week I handed them out yet again for our
Women in Business event coming up (which is going to be epic by the way—400
people signed up!). Anyway, amidst all
of our advertising, I noticed many interesting things when it comes to
distributing paper.
First, some kids act like it is the biggest burden to a flier. C’mon people, you can
throw it away in a few minutes. Just
make the poor person standing outside in the cold happy, and take their paper.
Second, some kids don’t even find out what I’m trying to
offer before turning up their noses. I
could be handing out 100 dollar bills, and they’d still say, “Not interested,”
without even looking at the paper in my hand.
Finally, the kids with headphones all think they are
invisible or that they have some force field.
Well, guess what kids, I can still see you and I will still interrupt
your brisk pace and averted eyes to hand you a flier. Let’s just come to terms with this.
Ok, done with the flier rant. I just have a tender spot in my heart for
flier-hander-outers. I've designed, printed, and distributed many times. Have a heart, take the
flier, and then recycle if you must.
In other news, Scott took a string cheese to eat on the way to church and forgot it was hanging out of his white shirt pocket until half way through Sacrament Meeting. Haha.

I'm one of those people who wear headphones and pretend not to see the person handing out fliers. This usually works, except for during student elections. I just tell them that I already voted and they leave me alone.
ReplyDeleteI never voted.