November has been treating us rather well this year. We loved Halloween and then boom we found ourselves in the month of Thanksgiving.
Since I never posted about Halloween...It was fun! We had to leave the church party before the winners of the chili cookoff were announced, so I guess I'm left to assume that I won again and no one remembered to tell me later?
Yay for Halloween.
Moving on!
We did our second "Foley Family" Thanksgiving which means we have our own personal family Thanksgiving earlier in November where we can enjoy Thanksgiving food for several days, just on our own. We like doing this because once the real Thanksgiving hits, we're not stuffing ourselves and only getting that delicious food once per year. Plus I get to try random recipes and we can give those delicious side dishes the attention they deserve. It's fun to make Thanksgiving last longer than a day. I also now own my own turkey roasting pan, so I guess this means I've arrived.
Speaking of holidays...let's talk about 3 in one post shall we? Maybe more? I can get excited about Easter too, never you fear. Anyway, I purchased a 12 foot Christmas tree (thank you KSL)! I'm giddy with excitement. I hope this excitement lasts for more than one month and through the hours of attempting to put it up/decorate it. Also I think trying to decide on a decorating scheme for a Christmas tree is just as hard as picking a wall paint color. Oof.
I tend to follow my gut instincts when it comes to listening to Christmas music and this year I decided on November 10th. Just in case you were wondering (crickets...). I don't feel confined to whatever other people are doing (midnight Halloween, December 1st, Black Friday, why?). Speaking of other socially unacceptable things I am doing, the Clay Aiken Christmas CDs (yes plural) are everything. Sure, some parts do make me laugh, but mostly, I love them with no sarcasm. Also new Josh Groban 10th anniversary Noel? Yes.
As superficial as it may be, lately I'm enjoying the
acquirement of new things. Like Christmas present stuff and, oh yeah, another 30% of my
house! The basement is just about finished and we also put in some work
into the yard (the rest will follow in the spring when it's safe to
plant stuff). Check out the new garden area! Let's hope I can grow more than one zucchini now that we have some real soil.
What else...? Work's going well and Ivy is talking a lot more. We love so many things she says. My personal favorite is "yes" (pronounced schyeeeeeesh! with an awesome lisp and voice inflection). Also her arm shrug when we ask where something is, is especially great. Also! I'm forcing my way into new hairstyles for her cute brown hair. Also! She's finally more consistent at saying my name instead of ignoring me and only ever saying "Da"! I live for the moments in the morning while I'm working in my office and I hear her asking Scott where I am. "Mama? Mama? Mama?"
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment