Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Thanksgiving

Aaaaand I have not thought much about blogging lately.   Is this what happened to everyone else in like 2009?  Noooo.  Must.keep.this.going. 

This year's Thanksgiving was pretty great, however I did spend most of the weekend with a pretty bad cold.  Leave it to this family to have one person be sick for every major holiday!  I'm almost relieved it was me though because sick Ivy is just so sad, and I somehow have a lot less patience when Scott is sick (despite my knowledge of this and efforts to fix it), so at least I don't have to feel bad about my behavior this way! :)


I guess the only thing we did for Thanksgiving was...show up, but I did also make some pies which was fun.  Scott is probably very tired of hearing about me making pies.  I only ever make them for Thanksgiving so I pretty much just talked about making pie and nothing else for a week or two.




Sadly we had to cancel a lot of our weekend plans because of the sicknesses, but we were still able to see the family a bunch, and Scott and I went on a temple dinner date where we ran into our own sealer.  Before I realized who he was, he was mentioning how he doesn't remember everyone he's done ordinances for.  So then I read his name tag and had a good laugh to myself since he did my ordinance.  Surprise, he did not remember us.

We also drove down to Springville, which is such a magical place during the holidays to me.  It reminds me of so many past holidays from my entire life.  Yes, my Grandma and Grandpa still play kick ball. #goals

All in all it was a great weekend and I have a lot to be grateful for, especially for this one:


He's everything I've always dreamed of having, PLUS he isn't mean to me when I'm sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!