Sunday, February 5, 2017

Potpourri

I'm just going to spout out a lot of random things going on because I have no continuous ideas for a post today.

1. Some conversations with Scott as of late:

S: "Stuck on his Facebook profile page, 'How do I see other people's 'news' on here?'"

S: *bringing Ivy in one morning* "We've got a champion sleeper here, don't we?"
C: "Ivy was up for almost 3 hours last night..."

2. The Queen is teething which is pretty bad.  Luckily we feel super bad for her so it's easier to cope with this mania than her normal mania.  In other Ivy news, Ivy is obsessed with tags.  She doesn't really like toys, she likes tags with toys on them.  She's also still very wary of strangers and will not cooperate with anyone but us (and "cooperating" with us is even kind of a stretch of a word, I think she just tolerates us because we feed her).  She likes her dad's hair and is developing some great brown locks of her own.  She will not laugh at the same thing twice.  She is finally a good napper although she's still only slept through the night a grand total of one time in her now lengthy life.  Once Ivy is sleep trained (in the millenium), we will need to look into adult sleep training because we've become even worse sleepers than Ivy.

3. For whatever reason I am so thrilled about Valentine's Day this year.  There's little to no chance that I will leave the house on Valentine's Day but a girl needs something to believe in during Utah winters, what can I say?

4. I can't believe I am mentioning this, but our subdivision got a grocery store and I am just so thrilled by this.  So far we've pretty much only bought ice cream and garlic bread there, but that's really all I needed in a nearby store anyway.

5. At long last, I think I'm getting a tax refund this year.  Granted we "get" to pick ambiguous extra withholding amounts which is complicated to estimate, but how does any American fill out a W-4 correctly?  I feel so skilled in my work until I have to file my own return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!