Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ivy Grace

Greetings, blog world.  Little Ivy Grace is here!








She was born on Father's Day, which was about 2 weeks early, but she's doing great.  We're just working on fattening her up the best we can.  Too bad she can't digest cookies yet.

I feel as though I've lived ten years since I last posted on here.  I think having a baby is even more like Inception than I thought.  Haha.  Time somehow slows down but also sometimes speeds up?  I don't even know, but I do kind of feel like I'm passed out in that van free-falling into the river.

There's so much to say about everything that went on, but pushing a child out of your body isn't exactly material for the internet (in my opinion--although I sure am glad others have no shame so I can google whatever the heck I want). So I'll just say that it was a really really awesome experience.  Bizarre, sure--but awesome.  Let's all take a moment to appreciate the person who invented the epidural.

Ivy is attempting to learn to live life on the outside.  Scott and I are also attempting to learn to live with her on the outside.  She is definitely harder to take care of outside the womb, but she's also so sweet that we can't help but love her and her crazy behaviors.  I've come to find that taking care of a newborn is hard, but it's even harder when you (1) are a crazy person with crazy-person hormones, (2) are tired and can never catch up on sleep to stop being tired, and (3) are dealing with the repercussions of childbirth.  So...I'm not sure who designed this system, but it is flawed. ;)

We are happy and healthy though and shucks, my window of opportunity to write this post just ended.  It's time to feed the little bundle of joy fury.

Haha this photo is one that just has to exist.  Poor Ivy doesn't like family photos.

2 comments:

  1. She's just the cutest little thing! I'll forgive you for not posting every little detail of the birth on your blog, but just know that next book group I will expect the whole story! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best description of new parenthood and newborns that I have heard! You're so right on, Christie!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!