Saturday, May 10, 2014

Witchcraft

This week I had my first experience with a witch doctor chiropractor.  This should tell you just how fun the last few weeks have been since I would usually rather face death than visit an actual doctor.  But anyway, I injured my back and was growing tired of the 24-7 aching, so Scott took me to see Doctor W.

If you're anything like I was, you probably have no idea what goes on during a chiropractor visit.  So I will tell you.  It was strange.  Very, very strange. 

First they strapped me to some electrodes that felt good but also bad at the same time.  Then, I was placed on a "water bed" that was really the equivalent of laying on top of a monsoon.  After all this prep work, I was taken to the doctor.

In the center of our exam room was what looked like a torture device from the 1600's.  I was instructed to lay on it.  Then the doctor poked me and pulled on my legs and had me do various resistance exercises.  All the while, he mumbled various medical terms, or perhaps an incantation, I am not sure.

In the end, he told me one of my legs was way longer than the other (so he fixed that) and he modified the torture device to shock my back with various adjustments.  So, was I healed immediately by the witch doctor?  Well, I wasn't...not exactly at least.  The next two days I still had the same old pain, BUT on the third day it went away.

So, now I'm left wondering if my back would have healed on its own or not?  Did Doctor W. really help me with his medieval ways?  Would I be in a wheel chair by now if he hadn't fixed my mismatch legs?  I will never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!