Sunday, March 9, 2014

Around Here: Spring, Sickos, & a Nice Salad

What a weird week.  We've been sick, so it's been kind of blah around here.  Not to mention work has been slow for both of us and we've been waiting around for spring to arrive so we can feel motivated to do things.  But this gives me time to sit and reflect....and of course run around the vicinity taking pictures of stuff.  Since that's what most people do when they're sick, I think.

Exhibit A that we can no longer keep ignoring the weeds that are coming up.  Oh and there's a nice bird bath here too in case you missed it.
It was warm enough for the first barbecue of the year!  And yet it was still cold enough to bake fresh rolls to go with this.  Best of both worlds, my friends.  Go make this salad.

I think I took this so I could tell you the sock-wearing season is coming to an end, but a more interesting comment would be about how these skinny jeans magically transformed into the dreaded boyfriend cut over the past month.  Which is I guess good...but also very bad.  Or I could comment about how these shoes clearly do not go with these pants.  Lots of options here.
This trip's library hoard.  This is now the second time I've checked out Unbroken without opening a page.  Sorry to all you people who have it on hold.  Mwahaha.
Neighborhood, sweet neighborhood.
No trip to the back yard is complete without checking for signs of life from the plants.  Spring IS coming people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!