Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Still Kickin

So the NYR's are goin' great.  Yes, I injured my knee in week two of the exercising, but I think that mess is over and now we can move on!  Still going strong with about 5 hours per week.  I know workout blog posts are just about as exciting as looking at "selfies" on FB, so I will stop talking about that right now.

Meanwhile, the other big NYR this year is emergency preparedness for us. We got an unsolicited kick-start in December when I won a really expensive generator at work, so that began the trek.  Now we're proud owners of a giant freezer in our garage, and we think we might even read the instructions to the generator sometime.  Maybe we aren't all that gung-ho yet, but we're trying.

In other preparedness news, we commandeered some pallets to keep in the garage and store water on.  Now we just have to figure out how to get giant water containers to our house, which is turning out to be the biggest obstacle of all!  I guess if we don't end up figuring that part out, I can use the pallets to build a vacation home.  I think I saw something about how to do that on Pinterest...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!