I feel like I'm in vacation mode these days because it is just so easy to travel with a 3-year-old and an entrepreneur. We have some pretty flexible schedules, and I am loving how easy it is to just pack up and take a trip. Time to start planning the next!
But first--San Diego. I haven't seen every place in America, but I do feel like Hawaii and San Diego are some of the best. This time around we did the Zoo, Legoland, and Sea World. We invited my brother and his family to come along as well.
I think we actually liked Legoland best because our small dictator liked it best. She was in heaven playing with legos and going on ride after ride. Also, hopefully I don't become really unpopular here, but Legoland's churros are better than Disneyland's. This is a fact.
Unfortnately, Ives wasn't all that interested in the zoo. She mostly just wanted to ride the bus, and it was very difficult to change her frame of mind at that point. But, eventually we got her on that bus.
This child loves a bus. She was singing "Wheels on the Bus" the entire ride.
I don't think she was all that impressed by Sea World either. I think in her mind she doesn't realize that dolphins don't do flips every day, so what's the big deal? She did like the manta rays of all things and also enjoyed watching the scuba divers vacuum up one of the tanks. She's a hard one to please...or rather, she's easy to please if you can find the weird things she enjoys?
My favorite part of the trip was definitely the tidepools and beaches. The beach is very nostalgic to me.
- Going to the Mormon Battalion Center
- Eating Mexican food in Old Town and having the mariachi guy come sing to Ivy
- Hearing Ivy praying in her pack and play one night that her bed would be softer (broke my heart and made me laugh at the same time)
- Running down the hotel hallways as fast as we could
- Listening to "Welcome to New York" a million times per Ivy's request
- Getting an actual card from Scott for our anniversary (he's not the best at gifts or surprises so this was legitimately awesome for me haha)

No comments:
Post a Comment