Sunday, June 23, 2019

Ivy Goes to the ER


For whatever reason, Utah has had the craziest Spring of my life.  I don't think we watered our lawn a single time until just last week.  We have had so. much. rain.  This reminds me of the feud I have with one of our nemesis neighbors who overwaters and floods my trees, but I really should let it go and not write about it.  Hahaha.  Anyway, there have been some crazy sicknesses going around as well, and unfortunately Ivy's had 2 rounds of croup in the last few weeks. 

The first time, we saw no signs until about 11 PM.  She was gasping for air and was waking up every half hour or so, so to the ER we went.  If you know Ivy, you know she hates everything about doctors (or other strangers in general...), so this was certainly a scarring experience.  Just getting your weight taken or having someone listen to your heart is pure horror for Ivy.  

She got some treatments, and they made us stay there for 4 hours afterward, so...that was my entire night.  Ivy was so wired, and they let her watch a couple movies (which she's never been allowed to do in her entire life), so she stayed up the entire night.  After we got settled Scott went home to sleep and then came back to get us at 5 AM.  It was crazy, but Ivy really did love the movies, so after the initial trauma, she had a pretty good time.  So we are now real parents, I guess.  We've had a medical emergency.

Thank the high heavens, the second time she caught croup 2 weeks later, I heard the barking cough in the day time, so we were able to just go to the doctor to pre-treat it.  *cue the deep breath*  This one ended up being a really horrible virus that we all caught, but at least it didn't cost us a thousand dollars?  Also all of these recent doctor visits made Ivy's well visit last Thursday even worse than normal because this child has seen too many doctors recently and already hated them before all of this.  I am really glad I have (hopefully) 4 weeks until her next visit...to the dentist.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!