Sunday, January 6, 2019

19 for 2019

It's the new year and I'm Gretchen Rubin-ing it all over the place over here!  Gretchen does a "19 for 2019" challenge where you come up with goals or even just to-do's for the new year.  At some point this "XX for 20XX" is no longer going to work because the lists are starting to get pretty long but I managed to scrape up 19 things I want to do this year.  Wish me luck.

1. Do 5 good form pull ups.  Always on my list since I plateaued at doing 3 like 5 years ago.  Will I do it this year?  Hopefully.  I did get some new assist bands to help me train and I feel like an acrobat, so that is fun.
2. Learn to can, purchase supplies, and try it out with this years' garden spoils.  Salsa?  Spaghetti sauce?  Something.
3. Create a "Foley Family Travels" framed art.  I have a very foggy vision of this but I want something I can update as we go new places.
4. Take someone's "professional" (read amateur) family photos, or (if I chicken out) do my own family's shoot somewhere on location.
5. Sew a dress for Ivy.
6. Put together a reading nook in our currently empty loft.
7. Read 20 books.
8. Read The Book of Mormon.
9. Go to a concert or play (this feels like cheating since I already bought Shawn Mendez and Wicked tickets for 2019 last year...).
10. Never raise my voice.  I think if you never start yelling at your kids, you won't have to stop yelling at your kids? This is a preventative NYR. Heh.
11. Participate in a service project or organize one.
12. Prepare ten family names for the temple.
13. Go one month without sugar (already 6 days in, I am killing this one early on so I can forget about it for the rest of the year).
14. Recycle better.  Buy a new trash can that encourages me to recycle.
15. Insert personal idea here that I won't be publishing on the internet! ;)
16. Hold consistent FHE/Come Follow Me curriculum study.  I'm not super pumped with the kid-friendly-ness of the materials the church gave out, so we're kind of winging this with Ivy.  Today we reenacted Zacharius and Elizabeth and afterward Ivy just said, "Again?" so I guess it's going ok?
17. Plan a night away somewhere.  Park City?  Maybe something fancy but close by.  We'll probably bring Ivy along.
18. Spend less time on social media.  I need to come up with a more measurable plan here, but I'm mostly dropping my night-time use so I can read and do other things.
19. Practice piano more frequently/learn a piece to performance level for church or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!