Monday, December 31, 2018

2018

I don't think I've ever been so pumped about a year of my life.  We are richly blessed and I felt it in full force this past year.

The (very randomly selected) highlights:

JANUARY:  We shoveled our dang North-facing home far too much, and Ivy looked precious in her snow gear.
FEBRUARY: I think February is a yucky winter month I choose to not remember (or photograph...), BUT I did get more into my instant pot!  I do love it and think everyone should get into it.
MARCH: Ivy and I tried out a new library and our minds were blown with our new favorite one.


APRIL: Scott left his old job and started his business. It's been a long process and requires endless (well, hopefully not endless haha) patience, but the whole family is thriving with more work life balance. I feel like we're finally on the same team rather than compartmentalizing our lives so much. We are hoping for more progress to speak of in 2019.
MAY: We started/continued our most successful garden ever.  We also put in a lot of work landscaping the back yard.
JUNE: Ivy became a toddler (and two-year-old). She is smart and hilarious and we love her so much. It's no secret that becoming a parent was the worst transition of my life, but 2018 brought so much joy in our family life.

JULY: - We vacationed in Oahu and dream of going back as soon as possible. We also went to Alpine, WY.
AUGUST: We lived our best summer lives playing in the sprinklers, barbecuing constantly, and I painted Ivy's toenails for the first time.  This became our new Sunday morning ritual.  I also picked 4,000 zucchini.
SEPTEMBER: We really packed in the family outings and adventures.  Many trips to parks, the canyon, Arctic Circle, and Sonic.  I made  the mistake of having a pizza picnic and now Ivy thinks we can no longer eat pizza unless it's on the floor on a blanket.
OCTOBER: Halloween was most definitely the highlight of Ivy's life thus far.  She continues to pray that we can go trick-or-treating in her morning prayers every day.
NOVEMBER: We celebrated Thanksgiving in Texas and had the best time ever.  Ivy slept and behaved like a real-live human, and it was the least stressful out-of-state trip I've ever been on.

DECEMBER: It's true what they say, kids (age 2 and up) make the holidays magical.  I can't remember a better Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!