Saturday, August 11, 2018

Summer Bucket List

I put my list-making skills to good use at the beginning of the summer, and we made a list of fun things to help us enjoy the best season of the year.

This year's list:

1. Go swimming at two different pools.  We tried out the West Jordan indoor pool and the AF rec center (plus HAWAII, but that's a given).  We had a lot of fun introducing Ivy to swimming since this was her first year going.  She loves it.
2. Go up the canyon.  I guess we didn't exactly do this as planned, but we did go up to Alpine, Wyoming which is mountains galore, so I'm counting it!  
3. Go to temple square.  We visited the Church History museum, which has a lot of fun things for kids and showed Ivy around the grounds.  She was very interested to see where the "choir" sings every Sunday.  Haha.  Also we ended the night eating al fresco at the Cheesecake Factory, so this was easily a top summer night.



4. Get snow cones. Ivy and I got the free 7-11 slurpees and had that count here.  We also got slushies at Sonic once with the "whole family" as Ivy would say.  Ivy's not really into sugar although she did try both.  I'm no longer sure we're related.


5. Go to the splash pad. We tried two--the West Jordan one several times and also the Riverton Old Farm park one.  Ivy was not too thrilled to go to the new one, so we'll stick with West Jordan's familiarity and security for now.




6. Cook dinner over a fire.  We never got to this one, and I honestly just never feel like going to the trouble, so we'll have to do this some other time (maybe in like 7 years? haha).
7. Have a picnic.  At the beginning of the summer, we picked up some Subway and headed over to a random park.  Ivy didn't really understand the concept of the picnic and just wanted to play and not eat.  I enjoyed watching Scott entertain multiple families' children from afar.


8. Visit a lake or waterfall. We went with my friend Caitlin and her kids to Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman.  It was a really nice place!


Some things we did that were not on the list that I want to remember were visiting a few new libraries, trying out the Barnes and Noble story time,  playing with the sprinklers in the back yard, playing with Ivy's water table,  eating many popsicles and fresh peas on the back patio, hosting a few game nights, dinners, and parties, watching fireworks in our back yard, eating watermelon almost every week, feeding the ducks a few times, spending a lot of time with S2 (Scott, my brother) once he got back from his mission, and reading tons of books!



We made some great memories this year, and I think I need a bucket list every season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!