Our options:
(1) Let Ivy sleep in our bed. Umm, no. We tried this for about 3 minutes, during which Ivy kicked Scott repetitively, whacked me with her teddy bear, and kept saying, "Hi," over and over again.
(2) Put her back in her crib. Also, no. She continued to acrobat out of her bed.
(3) Go to Wal Mart and buy a crib tent. Wow, those are expense. No.
(4) Read all the internet hacks, find one that works, and finagle a new crib setup where she can't get out. Yes!
So we did #4, and while we were rigging up the new crib setup, we brought in a bunch of pillows and blankets to Ivy's room. Ivy was very excited to be awake at this point and yelled, "Awesome" while she jumped into the pillows. These are the times that try men's souls, but also make us laugh.
Unfortunately after weeks of these shenanigans and illnesses, we were forced to re-sleep-train our child, which was horrible. Also horrible are night terrors, which made their way into these disastrous weeks as well. I've often found myself wondering where the medal is that I'm supposed to get for enduring these things. Haha. Also why did we decide to stop eating desserts...? I mean, really. For now, it does look like we're seeing some improvements (and not seeing 2AM - 5AM), so I think I can start to nervously laugh about this phase of our lives and look forward to the next one.
Hang in there parents! It gets better (but sometimes also worse).

No comments:
Post a Comment