A few weekends ago, Scott and I ventured over to Spanky's to get some sandwiches. We had a coupon that said, "The building's kind of scary, but the sandwiches are good." This...is true and reminded me of all the terrible dining experiences we've had together.
The worst food offender:
Buffet City. The name should've been a red flag, I know. I'm of the persuasion that buffets produce a lot of mediocre dishes rather than any great dishes, and this was ten steps below those buffets. Shudder. Not only was the food terrible, but there were actual signs around the facility saying that you shouldn't take more food until you had finished your plate. At a buffet!? But what if it's making me sick?! I know I sound like a rich person here, but c'mon.
The worst atmosphere:
Nielson's Frozen Custard. We took Ivy there a few weekends back and it sounded like walking into a vacuum testing facility. I could hear nothing. I had to point to the menu to order because the cashier couldn't hear me either. Anyway the food is "ok," but don't go there unless you know sign language and have some noise cancelling headphones.
The worst service:
A few holiday seasons ago, we decided to start a new tradition where we leave a giant tip during the holidays for some grateful waiter/waitress. So we headed to Applebees with this predetermined plan and, of course, had the worst waitress of our lives. We begrudgingly left the big tip.
The most awkward environment:
China Star. I guess all restaurants are some sort of boxy room with tables, but this place has no privacy whatsoever, and it's uncomfortably quiet in there so be prepared to hear and be heard. This is pretty much the opposite of Nielson's Frozen Custard. Also, most of the patrons appear to be on a first date.
The worst of everything:
The Paradise Deli. This is a small "deli" right by our house that sells no sandwiches. Instead they make yucky smoothies and sell actual ziploc bags filled with nuts and dried fruits. So not only is this place not Paradise or a deli, it's also likely breaking all the "not for individual resale" rules on a whole new level.
Monday, April 3, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment