I'm kind of turning my head to the side and squinting my eyes at the thought of recapping 2016. This comes to mind...
I guess I wouldn't say it was a bad year since nothing "bad" happened, but in general growing a human and being a first-time parent was pretty rocky and not something I'm eager to repeat. I guess I just feel like I've felt sick for about 99% of 2016 so it's been a long year, but I'm hopeful things improve in 2017!
Moving on to another year-end thing: me turning 27! 27 seems kind of...late 20's? It's different than 26 I will tell you that. Anyway in celebration of my birthday, I will share 27 scraps of wisdom from my old age.
1. I am not afraid to run the dishwasher when it isn't full.
2. You can get a lot done in 15 minutes.
3. Amazon Prime.
4. Tackling a nagging task is an instant mood-booster.
5. Going out for ice cream is also always an instant mood-booster.
6. It's ok to not like things that a lot of other people like (like breastfeeding, Indian food, museums, or the card game-Scum).
7. It's also ok to openly admit that you don't like things that a lot of other people like.
8. The key to happiness is Scott Foley.
9. Online grocery shopping.
10. Learning to enjoy cooking can bring a lot of satisfaction to life because for some reason we have to prepare and eat food every day.
11. Dominos pan pizza is a great option for when you forget about #10.
12. A clean house is a necessity.
13. Exercising daily is also a necessity.
14. Working late at night can feel like a treat when you spin it that way. Accomplishing something uninterrupted? Sign me up.
15. If something's really important to you, you'll do it. There aren't very many excuses beyond that.
16. Movies take a long time to watch and are rarely worth it. But when they are, buy twizzlers and peanut M&Ms.
17. Most things feel worse in the middle of the night. I didn't learn this until this year since I never saw the middle of the night before. Avoid decisions during these hours.
18. The all-natural movement will probably bring more pain, smells, and inconvenience to your life.
19. Now is probably the best time to do whatever you're thinking about doing. It will most likely not be more convenient later.
20. People aren't mind readers.
21. Always pack a swimsuit.
22. Any day can be a special occasion. Make a great things list.
23. Differentiate between casual and important things and treat them as such.
24. Don't go with the very cheapest hotel. (I learned this vicariously through Scott's experiences with bed bugs, terrible WiFi, and a midnight intruder.)
25. Plan on going to Home Depot 3 extra times with any project and you won't end up disappointed when it inevitably happens.
26. Go to bed on time.
27. Get a back scratch every day.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment