Exhibit A:
And yes, there are about 30 more where this came from, weirdly focusing on Eric, the p90x-er who lives in a boat and likes green bean soup (you have to have done p90x for a while to understand these references...anyway...).
We've had a good week around here. Life seems to focus on keeping our child constantly fed and my body minimally angry, but we've also been surviving a tax deadline (almost), cashing in on Scott's Fiji project finale, going to a Real soccer game, and working on projects at home.
I've been doing some sewing, which is pretty out-of-character for me, since I possess no sewing skills. I am actually enjoying myself though and I've made a bunch of things for the nursery and the baby. These are some pieces of art I like to call, "Scott Goes on Too Many Business Trips":
My other preparations for our child are significantly less fun like....trying to care about any of these other products I need to get. I'm not really planning on nursing or wearing my baby like a necklace or jogging with a baby in tow or finding the best nasal aspirator, so researching these things just makes me want to take a nap. I'm also trying to read up on how to get my baby to sleep well and I think those books are a great alternative to sleeping pills because, Zzzzzz. The only baby reading that doesn't put me to sleep is the labor preparation stuff because,
I can sort of get on board with baby attire, but the rest is significantly less interesting to me. I'll just stick to things that do interest me like sewing small shoes and taxes...
Anyway, Scott's been reading up on some things as well, but his main preparation for fatherhood comes in the form of this shirt, which he brought home from his work luau lunch:
Noooow he can be a dad.


No comments:
Post a Comment