Sunday, January 24, 2016

Coming Soon

In case I have some blog readers who aren't friends with me on Facebook (*crickets*), now is the time to reveal that shortly after our 5th anniversary this June, I will be welcoming an epidural and subsequently a child into the world!  We are equal parts terrified and thrilled.  Actually, probably more terror for me and more thrill for Scott.

I found out I was pregnant a long time ago while Scott was on a foreign business trip.  It seemed lame to tell him over Skype, so I opted to wait.  Normally I don't blow my nose without his knowledge, so the delayed surprise announcement almost drove me to insanity.  I remember talking to him on the phone while he was away and lying through my teeth saying, "You haven't missed much."

Once he got home, I decided to make a sign and put it in the future child's room in our house and then somehow trick him into going there (easier said than done, no one sets foot in that room ever).  Anyway, I'd show you the sign, but I have a strict no-pregnancy-test-photo policy as far as online postings go. When he came home, I acted bizarre, told him I had a surprise for him (to which he responded, "Is it a pile of money?" ... ...), and I sent him in there and filmed it, and it was awesome.

The last 4+ months have been about as you'd expect them to be when an alien has hijacked your mid-regions.*  We now refer to my body as a haunted house because it's inhabited by a small demon ghost that floats around terrorizing my organs.  I find discussion of these things interesting, but mostly disgusting, so this blog will be a safe zone for everyone involved.  No "birth stories"** or tales of all the weird things that are going on in there.  You're welcome.

I've never been that woman who's obsessed with babies or content vomiting daily for the greater good, so this is certainly a stressful experience.  We're of course super excited though!***  For now, I guess we just wait and hope patience is a virtue that can be developed.  It can, right?  RIGHT?  ANSWER ME NOW.

*Actually much much worse.  Pregnancy is...kind of awful. Don't let the crazy moms fool you.
**Ew.
***Or as excited as you can be when you've become a human sloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!