Sunday, January 10, 2016

Around Here - Winter

We're...

...working: on painting the downstairs living room, on motivating ourselves to paint the upstairs bedroom afterward, and mostly on our actual paid work.

...hoping: I can get better at Splendor (newest board game) or we may  not be playing it much, for no bugs this busy season at work, Scott doesn't get kidnapped at the sketchy hotel he's going  to stay at in Idaho.

...waiting: for our upcoming trip to Cancun (which we just booked yesterday!), for the chips and salsa at said vacation in Cancun, for everything else in Cancun.

...watching: Making a Murderer because we just can't stop.  Whenever I think about it my eyes just get huge.


...learning: about how to use the new Blendtec, that Scott prefers more colors than just gray in home decor (and I'm thinking, what else...is there?), how to use my new photo-editing software.

...reading: Complications (Atul Gawande) and the scriptures (Scott's reading a book about retirement investing as well).

...eating: fewer winter foods than normal but I did manage to squeeze in one soup thus far.  Yesterday we went out to get breakfast for the first time (it might've been our first drive through as well), which was fun.  Turns out if you get a Beto's burrito, you can just gnaw on it all day for all 3 meals.


...laughing: at the grassroots Shakespeare show we saw David in last night, at the weird dreams I've had lately (last night I was wife #2 in a polygamist colony---um, brain???), this video.


1 comment:

  1. We have Splendor! We need to have a game night with you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!