In every city we've lived (yep, all 2 of them), Scott and I have found a special ice cream place to call our very own. This is very important to us. I think we are borderline-obsessed, which I guess is a result of banning almost all treats from our house. Going out for ice cream becomes a bigger deal when you haven't bought ice cream from the grocery store in years.
Anyway, in Orem, our place was Sonic because we could get a chocolate malt to share for $1.19 after 8 PM all summer long. Here, it is Baskin Robbins, which is conveniently located next to both the bank and the library (the only places we ever go). We considered Coldstone as our place but then after going there once, we realized...Coldstone is not even good. They only have 1, maybe 2 chocolate bases, tops! Now that we are BR-loyal, we take it pretty personally when we see our now rival location chuck-full of people. What is this city coming to...?
The BR executives must have caught wind of our unfailing loyalty because they even emailed Scott to become a special VIP Baskin Robbins team member. Sadly I did not get the same email, which Scott likes to hold over my head.
Anyway, I'm not really going anywhere with this, but last month we went in to try out Trick-Oreo-Treat, which is October's flavor. We were surprised to notice on October 3 (Mean Girls reference) that NO ONE had made a dent in the Trick-Oreo-Treat ice cream bucket. 3 days, and not one person! How do these people not know about this limited edition flavor?!?!? Don't they check their emails? Even Rum Raisin had a few scoops taken out, which is confusing.
As I'm sure you're wondering, Trick-Oreo-Treat was, unfortunately, kind of a letdown. Try as I might, I just can't win with Halloween Oreos.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
Try Nielsen's Frozen Custard on 2600 South. Ms. Cavanaugh's also has decent chocolate ice cream. I was never a fan of Jake's over the top, but some people swear by it
ReplyDelete