Sunday, November 4, 2012

Must-Haves

Well, folks, I'm about to tell you about some of our must-haves this season.  Take a gander at some of our current favorite things.  We like them a lot.

1. The bed warmer.

I can't even tell you what brand ours is or where it came from (somewhere in TX), but what I can tell you is you can warm your entire bed to various temperatures!  What else is there to say about this other than we are spoiled brats...?

2. Rice Wok.

This is our take-out Chinese restaurant of choice.  They have the best Lo Mein, which is something I still haven't figured out how to make myself, so we still rely on this place.  Side Story: We called in an order last weekend, and the lady could not understand Scott when he tried to tell her his name.  He spelled it out twice, yet when we got there, the only available order was for a "Dodge."  Yes, that was our order, and yes she only got one of the letters right and apparently guessed on the rest.  Dodge?

3. Audio books.

Scott and I are in an audio book club that we made up.  We spend a lot of time in the car going to and from our jobs, so we go to the library a lot and listen to a lot of books.  We've covered a lot of ground so far, and soon the library won't have much we're interested in.  But for now, it is pretty great.

4. Halloween Oreos.

heidisrecipes.com

On November 1, 2011, I found the sale of all sales.  Leftover Halloween Oreos for 98 cents!  Are you kidding me?  Unfortunately, at the time, these still didn't make it into my planned-out shopping list, so I didn't buy them.  Well, flash forward a year, and you can bet we've been talking about getting those Oreos for the past 12 months.  This year, it was going to happen.  So I rush to Macey's on November 1, 2012, and it turns out there are no Halloween Oreos.  I guess they learned to manage their inventory better.  I returned home empty handed.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!