Sunday, April 26, 2015

Overindulgence

Today's the best Facebook day in recent history I think.  It's so fun to see all the prom kiddos and graduates.  It's comforting to know people do exciting things besides read Buzzfeed I guess, which makes me reflect on what exciting things I'm currently doing?

....This is me reflecting....

Hm...

We've been consuming substantial amounts of ham lately?  Apparently that is the best I can come up with. It's a good thing I actually like the norms of life because it can get pretty normal at times. :)

So anyway, back to the ham.  My work gives us a coupon for a massive ham every Thanksgiving and at some point in the year we deem the week special enough for ham gluttony. I waltzed into the Honey-Baked Ham store on Wednesday to pick up the beast, and the girl at the counter asked how many people I was planning to feed so she could determine just how gigantic my free ham should be.

My thinking response: "I'd rather not say."
My out-loud response: "Umm..."
Her response: "Well, I'll give you the biggest one here, it's over 9 pounds."

Feeding a family of two with that, yep.

On-theme with overindulging in random items, we also visited the tulip festival.  It was expensive but so is dinner (of the non-free-ham variety) and we still do that occasionally, so you know.




Also on-theme with overindulgence was the pile of dead mice this owl had accumulated.







1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!