I don't know why I feel the need to write a blog post every time I get rid of some expensive item I own.
...the old house
...the speed queen (Ok I guess this only costed like twenty-five bucks)
...and now my laptop.
I got this little HP right before the Junior Core where he and I worked way too hard and probably lost years off our battery lives in those short months. But the laptop lived on and I loved it.
Four years later things started to head downhill. The internet would occasionally pretend it didn't work. And the hinges on the screen forced me to keep my laptop open at all times (this is far more irritating than you can even imagine!). And eventually the poor laptop couldn't even open Firefox or any other program for that matter.
So this is goodbye. I don't think I'll find another computer with fingerprint identification (in the price range I have chosen), which is really the biggest tragedy of all. Who types in a password these days!? Another tragedy is I will have to adapt to Windows 8. I have yet to get a smart phone, so this whole "app" concept is particularly distributing. And for the first time I think I might sound like my dad. Haha. (Love you Dad).
Anyway, Scott and I spent some time at Best Buy looking for a replacement and if you ever want to feel like you're out of touch with society, just talk to a Best Buy employee. I was trying to explain that I need to watch my Insanity DVDs every day so I'd like a disc drive and they acted like I was looking for a laptop with an 8-track player. In other embarrassing Best Buy moments, we wanted to test out the laptop speakers so we decided to pull up a Youtube video "or something" and the only video we could think of was "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. Am I too old to like Taylor Swift? Too young? Either way, that felt like a really embarrassing thing to do at a Best Buy.
The new laptop is great and sings T-Swift like a champ in case you are wondering.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment