Someway, somehow we had $105 glorious dollars left in our grocery budget in August. Normally this means, "Woohoo, the bank can go ahead and lend out another 100 bucks courtesy of the Foley's," BUT this reminded us of that Office episode where Micheal has a surplus and buys a giant fur coat, so we decided we'd live like kings at Burlington Coat Factory and spend it instead. You know, just so the budget is consistent. (This is rational, ok?)
We didn't go to Burlington Coat Factory, but we did take a "little" trip to Costco. If you ever have $105 burning a hole in your wallet, the fastest way for it to disappear is at Costco. We walked in there planning to just buy some butter and we came out with a jacket and some towels and plans to buy a fake fireplace someday. That place is insane. But as I was drying off with my luxurious towel this morning, I thought, "THIS is my fur coat." No regrets.
Meanwhile, we spent the rest on (surprise) food storage and other practical things AND an electric skillet. Our entire marriage we've talked about getting an electric skillet. You know, just the $20 kind that allows me to cook all 5 of our pancakes at once. Why oh why have we not gotten one of these before now? I've been cooking pancakes in two batches for years. Moral of this story is, if there is something that would make your life easier, and it only costs $20, then buy it already.
In other news, football season has begun. When I first hear about the season starting, I find myself having this tiny glimmer of excitement, but then about 2 minutes into the first game, the glimmer is gone...far, far away. But I have things to study this year and football games are a perfect time for that, so hopefully that will keep me from freaking out about the sheer length. of. these. games.
In other other news, we are really into Rummikub these days. If you ever wondered what childless-people-who-just-make-money-all-day do, it's play Rummikub. I am getting really good, despite starting turns that I have no idea how they'll end up. We usually end up laughing really hard at how frazzled I get.
In other other other news, I actually drove somewhere the other day (this is a novelty since I work from home and Scott drives me if we go anywhere during the non-work-hours). I realized I have no idea what driving around NSL is like. My destination was the dollar store, and I was within 50 feet of the building and all of a sudden I was in a lane that forced me onto the freeway. So on I drove with Dollar Tree fading into the distance. I may need to get out more.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment