Friday, September 20, 2013

92 Hours Later...

Hardly anything outside the norm is going on right now.  We work.  Then we work some more.  Then we take care of the house.  Then we sleep.  Sometimes we eat.  Anyway, my blogging options right now are either more news about our house projects, my thoughts on Lost season 6 (spoiler free, of course), or college football banter.  These are all equally riveting in my mind, so I think we'll hit them all.


The House: 
The table and chairs are almost done.  Good heavens, it'll only end up taking a few weeks, but every day during those two weeks we had to do some sort of step to finish them.  Every daaaaay.  I don't think I'll tackle any other refinishing projects for a while, but I am very pleased about how this is turning out.

We're not missing anything about this before picture.  Except perhaps the fact that the wall matched our bananas so nicely:

We could still make some improvements in the decor department, but here's the "after":



 There's always more to be done around here. We don't have a lot of other major projects, but there's more space to decorate, more and more boxes to go through (still), and an unlimited supply of grout I still haven't cleaned.  We love this house, but wow it is hard to keep up on the cleaning!


Thoughts on Lost Season 6: 
*The ending...What the heck?  I'm not saying I didn't like it, I'm just saying what the heck?
*Why did that one bad guy never have a name?
*Michael Giacchino rocks my world.  So does Matthew Fox.  And I just love the Benjamin Linus character for whatever reason. 
*Sayid fell in love way too many times, and the Shannon fling was always so weird, and yet they kept revisiting it!
*The best quotes of the entire series include Hurley not knowing who the President of the United States is and that moment when Benjamin Linus brings Sayid a chicken salad sandwich.
*This show ranks up there with Prison Break and FNL, we liked it that much.

College Football Banter:
It has begun, and my moodiness levels are on the rise.  I'm pretty sure this is causation, and not just correlation, Statistics People.  The good news is I get a 4-hour back scratch every Saturday in order to keep the peace around here.  Goooooo cougars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!