I may or may not have put my pajamas back on after I got ready for the day today. This is because today is a really good day. When you get the day off during your busy season, it's like the equivalent of two regular work days. These days are meant to be spent in pajamas.
Anyway, today is special for another reason as well. It is my favorite person's birthday. Therefore a sappy blog post is in order. Wouldn't you agree? Here's a random list of reasons why Scott is the best.
This one time, Scott helped me figure out the DC Low Income Credit problem I was having at work. No one in their right mind would look at how to calculate that credit...unless they wanted to claim it, so this was substantial.
We laugh a lot around here because Scott is very funny. He's constantly searching "the Pinterest" for hilarious things to show me or asking "the Google" about things I'll find funny.
Early one morning, I was not happy about waking up. Scott,
knowing I needed help getting out of bed, started the following conversation:
S: "Do you need help?"
Me (sounding mad about getting up): "With what?"
S: "Staying in bed or going back to sleep?"
Scott is quick to make me smile.
Never, has Scott gotten upset with me. This is either because I'm super awesome or because he's extremely patient and kind.
This boy of mine is oh-so-handsome.
You may or may not know this, but Scott has a really good Texan accent, and he will use it for hours on end.
Nearly everything Scott does, he does well. (I would say "everything" instead of "nearly everything," but I need to start this sentence with "N.") He's really good at his job. He's been at his new company for 4 months, and he's already secured over a million dollars worth of contracts. And he acts like this is no big deal. He's also really good at his calling, and he often saves me from mine when the sunbeams are especially mean.
I often find happy/funny things he's left around the house. Like "the book" or the addition of strange things on my grocery list.
Now that we've been
married for a little while, Scott's adopted many things that I like. It's common to hear him
singing Adele around the house or requesting movies like While
You Were Sleeping. By the way, he thought the chorus to "Rumor Has It" actually said, "Who's Your Daddy?" instead. Just had to throw that in there. Haha.
Every day with Scott is the new best day. Seriously. Except for last Monday when Scott had the flu. That was not our new best day. Luckily we've had 4 since then.
*Scott is 29, but in his mind that is really more like 46. Please do not bring this up.
Friday, December 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Scott & Christie
- We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment