Lately, Scott and I have been noticing a lot of “convenient coincidences.”
It began
with another trip to Sonic to pick up a chocolate malt (after 8 and at
half price of course). We’ve been at least six times this summer, and only once
have they remembered to charge us the half price. Of course, we remind
them once they claim the malt costs anything over $2, and they say, “Oh
yeah, sorry--I forgot.” I am suspicious about this because guess
what--the half-off deal has been going on all summer, and it is
August...
Here's
another: I sold the speakers I won at the Marriott School to some woman
who came all the way from Spanish Fork to pick them up. When she got
to my house she told me that the bank would only give her $70 instead of
the $75 we'd agreed to over the phone. How convenient. By the way, If
your bank is only willing to give you 70 bucks, I don't think you should
be buying Bose speakers...
Another:
Whenever I ask Scott to do something, about 90% of the time, he says he
needs to go to the bathroom first. It's happened too many times to be
coincidence. In his defense, I am guilty of making excuses also. The
last five times Scott has asked if I wanted to do p90x, I happened to
have a really bad toothache...which prevents me from doing just about anything I don't want to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment