Friday, October 28, 2011

This is Halloween.


You are probably all dying to know what Halloween festivities go on at the Foley home.  Here’s the scoop:

1.       We bought pumpkins a few weeks ago, and made plans to carve them one night.  Then we decided we didn’t want to do that, so we made plans to carve them a different night.  Then we decided we didn’t want to do that, so we made plans to carve them a different night.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  We’ll probably procrastinate until Halloween to actually do this.  If not, they will remain decorations for the concrete out front.
2.        Our plans for Halloween night (after the inevitable pumpkin carving) include hiding out in our basement and watching the X-Files.  Ever since we got our DVR, Scott has been waiting for this movie to come on TV.  I’ve only seen the first few minutes which included cavemen and a freaky alien.  Despite my “Dudo que extreterrestres existen” mantra, I will probably get scared; and Scott will pay by holding my hand all night. 
3.       I plan to bake something with pumpkin in it.  While I’m on the subject, I have to say I have no idea how canned pumpkin comes from actual pumpkins.  Have you seen the two?  They are nothing alike.  Anyway, I like pumpkin things, so I’ll have to visit Pinterest and see what the hot pumpkin items are this year.  I’ll probably be using the canned “pumpkin” variety.
Modern miracle.
4.       We’re a bit late heading up the canyon to admire the leaves, but we’ll probably do that this weekend as well.  Maybe we’ll even take some photos that don’t have the temple in the background.  It’s always good to branch out.



So, there you have it.  You may have come to the conclusion that we’re not Halloween fanatics.  I put out a Halloween dish towel, but that’s about as festive as it gets.  Bring on Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!