Monday, October 10, 2011

Me v. The HBLL


Keeping myself well fed at school is somewhat of a challenge at times because the best study areas are supposedly no-food zones.  This means that people like me have to get creative when eating lunch.  I used to think that you could just whip out some quiet food in the library, and no one would think anything of it, but I’ve been caught by the “library police” several times.   I am pretty sure the girl that used to study across from me turned me in on some sort of fraud hotline.

Anyway, this last week, I had a study room scheduled and I planned to eat in there.  The room fell through though, so I was stuck in the regular parts of the library.  I had a hot lunch in my backpack, but I had nowhere to eat it!  The only solution I could think of was to find my favorite HBLL mother’s lounge and eat in there.  I opened my lunch, and my enchiladas filled the bathroom with a cheesy aroma.  I hadn’t planned on that.  I also hadn’t planned on anyone else coming in there causing me to duck into a stall, trying to conceal the delicious smelling meal.  This may have been a drastic move, but it could have been those intimidating “library police”!  Needless to say, the experience ended up being like in Mean Girls where Lindsay Lohan hides out in the bathroom to eat her lunch.  It was horrible.  I never want to compare myself to Lindsay Lohan again.  Or eat lunch in a bathroom.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!