Thursday, May 30, 2019

A New Car for the Foleys

We're coming to a crossroads where we're going to say goodbye to Scott's Saab.  Scott bought this car ten years ago when we met, so it's pretty odd seeing a different new car in the garage.

That Saab is full of stories, and also random kitchen items, but I'll get to that later.



This is the car Scott volunteered to pick me up from my late orchestra class at BYU in back in 2009.  This is the car we drove on our first roadtrip to Alpine, WY.  This is the car that my brother spilled his cranberry slushy in when Scott and I were dating.  This is the car that said, "Just Married" on it as we left our wedding reception.  This is the car we brought Ivy home from the hospital in.

This is also the car that Scott had to repair using a variety of items around our house like a stick holding one of the back windows up inside the door, a bread tie keeping some wires together, a sock preventing a squeaky seatbelt, and a peanut butter lid screwed to the bottom to hold something in place.  I'm not making this up, and honestly there are probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

The Saab has been a good car, and I can't help but laugh at all of the adventures and mishaps that have come from owning it.

As you can imagine, our new SUV seems like it's straight from outer space after driving a car that's 14 years old.  It was a little entertaining to watch Scott and myself be so snooty looking for a new car to buy and being so particular about various defects and disadvantages that are clearly far worse in the cars we were driving earlier that day.  I'm sure the consumer report for my Suzuki is totally dismal, but when looking at newer cars with similar ratings, I was filled with pure terror.  Or, we saw a car that had a rip in the leather, and we immediately turned it down.  But then of course we busted up laughing when we got into our Saab which has totally worn leather throughout.  What a twisted perspective.

Adios Saab.  I hope whoever buys you never looks too closely at those aforementioned repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!