Thursday, April 18, 2019

Ivy-isms Episode 1

Some of my favorite bloggers do series of hilarious things their kids say and I want to do that with my little miss now that she is quite fluent in the English language.  These are from the past year.

Episode 1: 

After walking through the doors to the post office, Ivy whispered, "Best day ever!"

A conversation with Dad:
"Ivy, are you patient?"
"No, I'm a soccer player."

Me: "Ivy calls me a lot of things.  Sometimes "Mom," "Momma," or "Mommy."  I like Momma best."
Ivy: "I like you best too."

Me: "Scott, what are you thinking about?"
Scott: "Tornadoes."
Me: "What are you thinking about, Ivy?"
Ivy: "Tomatoes."
...later...
Me: "Scott, what are you thinking about now?"
Scott: "Taxes."
Me: "What are you thinking about, Ivy?"
Ivy: "Texas."

After drawing a single dot on a piece of paper, she proudly proclaimed, "It's a nipple!"

We put a heart on the day we went to Disneyland in February, and the next month Ivy said, "We need to put a new heart on the calendar so we can go to Disneyland again."

I went to go tell Ivy to stop playing and take her nap, and the moment I opened the door, she shouted, "We're pretending it's Easter!!!"

While watching me light a regular old candle she said, "It's Ivy's birthday!"

Seeing her dad in a very odd dad ensemble one day Ivy said, "What Dad wearing?"

All day every day:
Ivy: "I'm going to ask you a question."
Me/Scott: "Ok, what's your question?"
Ivy: "Hmm...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!