Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Plans for the New Year

New Years caught us a little off guard over here.  We didn't stay up til midnight or really set any goals.  We also started the year off with eggnog pancakes and Texas Roadhouse, so you could say we were not in the mood to better ourselves.  Now that we're another day in though, I'm ready to remember 2017 and make some plans (I guess I should mention that we did do our 2018 budget, so we're not totally lame...or does that mean we ARE totally lame, I'm not sure.).

2017 was a pretty good year.  The highlight was easily the new house and basement.  The lowlight was easily the stress of our daily schedules and the moving process.  I loved 2017 so much more than 2016, though thank goodness!  I think I learned a few things about what makes me happy and I'm happy to report that both Ivy and my job are among those things. ;)  I learned that it takes a bit more effort to keep yourself happy when you're a parent, but you can do it.  I learned that having things to look forward to makes a huge difference to me. 

In 2018 I hope to learn how to curb my love of dessert to once a week, I hope to put in the effort to better decorate my house with stuff that I really really like, I hope to say, "Yes" more to fun things and also service opportunities, and I hope to spend more time creating things.  (Also, hallelujah for not setting exercise resolutions anymore.  4 years of habit, going strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!