Saturday, August 29, 2015

Surprise Weekend Getaway



This weekend I planned a surprise vacation for Scott and I, which was so much fun.  No special occasion, just for the heck of it.  Scott's Fiji project at work has been crazy for the last month, so it was awesome because Scott could just work all day and night and avoid the decision-making involved in planning a vacation, and I could plan whatever I wanted, all in the name of "surprise" (which meant we toured a cheese factory haha).  

We stayed at The Homestead in Midway, which is beautiful.  The valley itself is gorgeous (the leaves are already turning!) and then the grounds are filled with hanging baskets and cottages everywhere and Scott had to stop me from taking ten thousand photos because I was in heaven.






Within about 4 miles from home, we'd already gotten about 4 work phone calls, so I was a tad nervous that this whole vacation thing would be ruined by the audacity of people who think they need wages or supplies or instructions or a boss.  I was also nervous that Scott's cell phone might find its way into the crater.  Luckily things calmed down and we had the best time.  


 I already mentioned the cheese factory, but you guys, cheese is one of my four main food groups these days (another post for another time), so obviously I need to discuss it more.  We toured and tasted all of Heber Valley Artisan Cheese with a couple super old couples.  The tour group was really funny because one guy was practically trying to do a business deal with the cheese factory owner for some kind of cheese ventilation system the entire time, and another lady had the greatest thirst for cheese knowledge I've ever heard.  So of course that made the experience pretty entertaining.  I think making cheese is in my future.




Please note the antibacterial cheese boots.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, visiting Park City & Olympic Park, eating delicious fancy meals (and my "surprise" supply of plantain chips), meeting up with some old friends, and then being equally excited to come home because life at our house is pretty darn great (and I'm a weirdo who misses cooking and I wanted to try out my new cheese slicer).  It's hard to complain about much on weeks like these.










1 comment:

  1. Fun! That last picture of you two is cute (and did I spy you reading "The Invention of Wings"?).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!